Saturday, July 25, 2015

LFD: In which Valentino uses most necessary swear words

I'll tell you straight up and proudly: The best classes I ever took? Latin.  I wish I could still take Latin and then I wish someone else in the world knew it as well as me and we'd be the smartest people in the room.
 
Unfortunately, no Latin in college or anywhere else. I do still have my Latin textbooks from high school though! ::sits back in cigar lounge and reminisces, silently conjugating the noun for farmer*::
 
Speaking of farmers, the La Flor Dominicana folks have kicked some serious ass with their newest offering: La Nox.
 
The La Nox box**
 
The deets, thanks to Cigar Aficionado:
 
"The most significant of the La Flor releases was the new La Nox cigar, which features a Brazilian Cubra maduro wrapper, Mexican San Andrés binder and a filler mix of Dominican Piloto and Pelo de Oro tobaccos. This dark smoke, which will ship in boxes of 10, was released in one size only, a 6 1/2 inch by 50 ring gauge Churchill."

 
 
At the International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers (IPCPR) expo/convention/thingamabob in New Orleans last week, SuperFriend LFD John (as opposed to LFD Jon, who is a completely different person) handed us this, the shiniest of all the shining stars the company showcased.
 
As we strolled into the show's LFDland, my heart giggled when I saw this tiny little bit of Latin: La Nox. (Look, I take nerdy pleasure where I can get it. I'm wicked captiosus.***)   So yes, here it is.
 
The night:
Splendidis.
Its "smooth smoke and rich flavor were crafted for elegance and power," according to the company. "The result is a cigar that embodies its name and the serene experience that only the night can provide.” [source]

Valentino's exact-ish quotation:
"Hoc est fucking praestantes."
Really, nothing else worked. This cigar isn't just good. It isn't even great. Outstanding works, but that's not even enough.

So...As we proclaimed on Facebook, This cigar is fucking outstanding.

Thank you, agricolae and all the others who worked to make this cigar amazing! Er, I mean, fucking outstanding.





*
SingularPlural
NominativeAgricolaAgricolae
GenitiveAgricolaeAgricolarum
DativeAgricolaeAgricolis
AccusativeAgricolamAgricolas
AblativeAgricolaAgricolis
VocativeAgricolaAgricolae

**Hahahaha and LOL

***Smaht, as we say here in New England






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for something special? Search the blog