Wednesday, July 15, 2015

AWOL? Nah. Absent because of reasons...so I guess that's ABOR

In the last week or so, you pretty much got nothing from us.

Not. A. Thing.

I'd say I'm sorry, but believe it or not, I wasn't lying on the couch ignoring you! (Not this time, anyway.)

First, these folks visited for ten-ish days:

Holly and my boy.
They brought this little bugger, who I am SURE is always plotting my death or hatching a plan to run away even while he's surrounded by people in a locked house. Or both, actually. Simultaneously. He's THAT smart.

Note how one eye looks at you and one eye looks through you.
So we shenaniganned while they were here and writing fell by the wayside--case in point, it took me no less than 100,000 hours to write this.

Also, Valentino and I planned a 50th Anniversary party for these two crazy kids:

Dad and Mum before they were Dad and Mum.
Mum and Dad + 50 years
Valentino and I researched the foods from the '60s and '70s and created an era-specific spread for a casual luncheon, which included, as required by law, fondue and Watergate* salad. And, of course, we served punch in the supercool punch bowl they received as a wedding gift.



But obviously, we're back, at least temporarily--trying to wrap things up and produce blog content and finish the new website before we head to New Orleans for the International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers (IPCPR) trade show. Wheeee!



*Best. Food. Ever. Pistachio pudding mix, cool whip, and pineapples. (Also, pecans, but I think it's better without them.) It turns my favorite color. Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for something special? Search the blog